Sunday, September 30, 2007

Autumn Wonder

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard." Psalm 19:1-3














I guess I got a little off the beaten track:)


Thought bubble... "WHY have I never gone for a run here?!?!?" Tomorrow is the day.


Leaves crunching underfoot. Warm breeze sweeping through my hair. Sunshine. Silence. Golden beauty. "If only every day could be this perfect," I thought. "Well, maybe I don't wish for that, since it certainly would take away from the awe of such a day when it comes."

On the downside, the Vikings lost AGAIN and it's looking like another disappointing season. Oh well, I will still love my Vikes. Regardless of what happens in the NFL world, this is without question my favorite time of year. It is easy to love God on days like today... days when He is full of romance and all I need to do is show up. Days when He whispers to me and points out yet again my incredible smallness and His incomparable beauty. There can be little doubt that as much as possible in the coming week I will be raking up piles of leaves for the sole purpose of jumping through them. Childish, perhaps, but I am more than okay with that! No matter how long it has been since you have danced through piles of autumn leaves, this year is the perfect time to re-discover the joy of such a thing. Join me!! If the idea seems scary, find someone to push you in... that's what I would do!!

Truly all creation sings in praise of God.

No comments: