Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oaks of Righteousness

Today found me out of bed long before dawn once again, during which time I spent the better part of an hour in tears. This is a necessary outlet for me on occasion and I love that God understands it and meets me there. I read Lamentations 3 and Isaiah 61 and was thrilled to think that my Abba gives beauty for ashes, the oil of gladness for mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair (Isaiah 61:3). As if that weren't enough, the next part of the verse is even better. "They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor." Those who know some of my strange quirks know that I love trees. Oak trees are strong and beautiful, produce thousands of acorns, and have a root system to be envied. It is lovely that God has used this illustration in His Word... I will think about it all day.

No comments: