Wednesday, October 31, 2007

4 hours, 13 minutes, 24 seconds!!!

The marathon is over, and it was beyond fantastic. I was able to finish faster than my goal pace and had a delightful time. Some of my favorite moments were the heavyset tuba player at mile 7, who was simultaneously playing the tambourine. Talent! Another was the harpist at mile 8, the 62 year old 11-time marathon runner who I came across halfway through the race (I want to be like that!), the beyond beautiful trees exploding with autumn color, and crossing the finish line. What a feeling! I was pumping my arms and leaping for joy as my feet crossed. To my delight, the announcer said, "YOU DO THAT ALL YOU WANT, GIRL!" Haha, I did. To make matters even better, I had my mom, my sister, and my best friend there to cheer me on. They found me eight times! I think that's pretty outstanding. I posted pictures at www.picasaweb.google.com/ginnahelen and will post some videos up there very soon.

No comments: